Re: Help - NT experts

FIXED IT !!!

Thanks to everybody who helped. I finally found a clue to the answer in
a usenet search. The deal is you have to have adminstrator privileges to
mess with the desktop. If, for any reason, NT doesn't realize you have
administrator privileges, you can't move the icons. Ever since I've had
this computer, I've had the registry tweaked to log me on automatically
so I don't have to type in a password when I reboot. Well, disabling
auto logon fixed the problem. All I can figure is the new software I
installed is trying to load or do something at the same time the auto
logon is assigning full administrator privileges to me and NT gets
confused. No problems when I logon manually. I'm guessing the similar
problems some people have reported with TweakUI come from them using
that to set auto logon. Anyway, it seems fine now with TweakUI still
installed.

Damn it's late but, fortunately, I'm not expecting the system to fire
off any trades tomorrow (today) so I think I'll sleep in. :-)

--
  Dennis