TradeStation.Com Review

List!

Well, I’ve had TS.Com for several weeks now.  After having the program
for a little over a week I received a call from Omega’s customer service
folks.  They were interested in my opinion of the program, which I
freely submitted.  They received my suggestions, concurred with most,
and, assisted me by answering some operational questions I had.  Overall
I found Omega’s follow up, and interest, in the new product invigorating
and somewhat of a balance to much of the vitriolic writings that have
taken place the last few weeks.

My concerns with the program are limited.  Does TS.com, in its current
form, provide me with the necessary tools to trade successfully?  The
answer is yes!  Does the program provide everything I require for
investing?  No!  Would I recommend the program to others?  Depends on
ones investment program.

I trade equities and equity options.  As TS.Com is not a market scanner
I use TC2000 to make a broad selection on stocks.  After reviewing the
charts I select those I want to include in my TS.Com grouping.  I find
the charts, indicators, and ease of cross-referencing between time
frames and indexes extremely helpful in my buy/sell decisions.  The
downside is that I have to maintain a different system to monitor my
spreads or hedge positions.  Hopefully TS.Com will include options
information in the near future.

I realize that this is a new system subject to many changes.  I look
forward to the changes, and any additions they may come up with, to
create a more robust system.  To date I would be hard pressed to say I
have found “dirty” data.  I access the system with a DSL connection and
find the receipt of information is fast and continuous.  FWIW I think
Omega is on the right track and I wish them success.

RJD