From: Chris Cheatham [mailto:nchrisc@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 7:55 PM
To: I4Lothian@xxxxxxx; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: CME fees / was Re: Unidentified subject!

John,

Curious if you have any thoughts on the future of CME currencies.  Word is
that the volume is withering away.  Having recently switched to a internet
cash forex firm, this is easy to see.  No way I would ever go back.  24 hour
stops/ 24hour tight spreads...  Are you aware of any plan the guys have to
protect their franchise?  Based on what I see, it would appear that the
currency world will soon be owned by whomever survives the (inevitable)
consolidation of the cash e-brokers.  I have not looked at a currency
futures quote in months.

Chris