Re: TradeStation Pro Review

i switched to using tradestation pro for trading equities.
at same time i am still using pro suite on futures
and as a research platform.
i got tradestation pro for two simple reasons:
- clean equities data = a huge, huge plus if you
trade equities systematically, i can not overemphasize
the importance of clean data... i can now breath
easiear without having to maintain server
and preclean data. man, that's an accomplishment by
itself... data is still a little dirty but nothing compared
to what i am used to.
- data is available for all equities on demand.

now, it definately needs a lot of work as far as
bringing it up to a true top standard.
there are tons of things that need  work and
refinement but...
if you trade intraday systems on us equities my
recommendation is: "get it!".

took me about 30 min to get it installed
on my machine. it freed up about 2.5 gigs
from the pro suite data... and the hard drive is
virtually unused now.  all works ok for now.
minor glitches as usual here and there but overall
it looks good. ( my prosuite turned into a monster after
2 years of non stop data collection on about 1500
symbols, can only run the server to collect data,
charts don't run fast enough, the only use i get out
of it is after market, global server eats up all the
memory and i cant run anything else on that
machine at same time  ).
so the new pro is a big plus in that respect.

we need to stop bashing omega and start
supporting them.  those guys have
been beaten down for a while and they got
good product on the way.
and if they improve and build on that it's going
to get even better.

and...
*OMEGA needs to listen carefuly to traders that
use it in its fullest capacity ( full usage not
"just for charts" ). so far they have not been
too accomodating as far as  real deep
suggestions about how to improve their
product line. i, for example, have a ton
suggestions about how they can get their
product up to where it's more than a standard
and so far those guys don't want to listen.

is there a e-mail for suggestions at Omega?
bilo.
ps. absolutely no affiliation.
happy holidays omega, we are long you from
under $2... hopefully you'll have another breakout
and up to $10...and on...