RE: Re[4]: Futures Truth Bashing

Mark,

You are often spot on when talking about the futures business but in one
small instance you appear to be wrong.

Although these values are given as the "optimal" for Aberattion its
developer uses the SAME number for all commodities (80). So whether the
"optimal" changes or not doesn't matter.

He RECOMMENDS using this SAME number for this parameter for ALL contracts
and I'm (almost) certain that it is the system using the single 80 invariant
value that is tracked by Futures Truth.

I've said it before (I think on this list) but much more important to system
like Aberration is the CHOICE OF MARKETS TO TRADE IT ON (the system itself
is "edgeless", ie it has no edge).

It is here that vendors like the seller of Aberration fall over. Every so
often the recommended portfolios for particular levels of equity are changed
(not much, but changed nonetheless). I haven't looked for a while but for
Aberration the last big one was the inclusion of a few London metals
contracts in his "global" portfolio. Without metals and every 10yr bond
future the world has ever known in the portfolio the performance would have
been MUCH worse over the last few years...

Regards,

Robert