Re: SP lock limit bounce?

lets see if I can clear up a bit about what limits
in sp, nd and the minis are.

all the limit down rule says is that there should
be no prices offered below the limit level. thus
cannot trade below that level.

thus when one of the related contracts hit the limit
price - say nd of the nd - nq pair, the limit rule
kicks in and you are free to trade at and above the
limit price in both contracts. No halt happen yet.

Then, when one of them, usually the big one, having
ALL limit offer - then the second part kicks in,
where the floor officials will elect to halt the
related mkts for the prescribed time.

So, before the ALL limit offer happen in the big
contract, both the nd and nq can still trade.

I thought it was quite clear in the rule book :)

=====
Lawrence Chan                   http://www.tickquest.com
Innovative Analytical Software for Trading Professionals