RE: SP5/Win2000 installation problem - resolved!!

I want to thank those who helped.

The reason that you need to delete all the TEMP files
is that SP4c created a file called setup.ini in one of
the temp folders.  This file is in conflict with the
installation of SP5.  The problem is that this temp
folder and the setup.ini file are hidden.  I went
crazy looking for them and got nowhere.  In Win2000,
you go to Explorer, Tool, Folder Options, View, and
check "show hidden files and folders".  Then you do a
search of the entire drive for setup.ini and delete
this file.  The rest is history.

Julian