Re: Re[2]: Futures Truth Bashing

I was a subscriber to Futures Truth and was going to buy one of the
systems that always seem to do well in their chart. It was supposed
to be so good that each subcriber was limited to one contract.

Though I live outside the US, I have a contact in a reputable firm that
conducts a business trading systems. For what it's worth, I was advised
that they had had clients purchase the system and 'it had not lived up
to expectations'. Make of  that what you will.

On the other hand, they believe that Aberration, though very simple, is
a very good starting point for new traders. The code has been posted
here before, and there was someone (Mark Johnston?) who had a
bet sizing algorithm that was producing 70% plus per year. The
drawdown on Aberration can, I believe, be quite scary, so it is not
for everyone. But it may well be a good place to start.

I strongly believe that a newbie should get some kind of help at the
start. Otherwise, one sits there, overfitting like mad and then pulling
back when the first few trades don't make 100% return. I know,
cos I've been there. Aberration or Chuck Le Beau are at least good
first steps on the road.