From: Brian [mailto:blink64@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 13 December 2000 12:24 AM
To: List, Omega
Subject: RE: Computer language

A conversatoin I had with the product manager at Omega a few months before
TS5 came out led me to believe that this option would be supported.  In
fact, my impression was that they were going out of their way to get TS5 to
be compatible with VB.  However, there could have been some confusion
between using VB to call the GS and extract data and writing EL DLLs.
Honestly, I've never tried it but will try to do it here shortly.  However,
if that way doesn't work andother way that might work is to use Powerbasic
32 to generate "true DLL's" that EL could call and then from the PB Dll call
the VB DLL.  That way you get all the functionality of VB.  However, I've
never done it and so couldn't say for certain weather or this works either
though in theory it seems like it should.

With regards to the original question, learning VB will also step you
towards learning to write Powerbasic DLLs which are more likely to be
compatible with EL.