Tradelab software Please comment

TradeLab found at http://www.tradelab.net/index.html

WOW where was this when I wrote the cheque out to Omega for Ts2k

With Ts.com, I think outfits like this will be very happy that Omega have
made there move, which will
justify more money to spent on developing there software.

Have any of you got it , please pass comment on performance, whats is its
support like, how do you find VB as a
programming tool, are there any email lists for users .
(if so please advise).

Are there any other software packages out there that fit into the class
(with programming language)

1) Tradestation
2) Tradelabs
3) Metastock

Note : In the last 6 months I have learn't Vb6.0, and it is a breeze, the
support on the internet from fellow Vb6.0 developers
is free and very helpful in most cases. VB is going to get better via
Microsoft, and will be better for traders than Easylanguage
will ever be.

FROM THE FAQ OF TRADELABS
Q. I am an owner of Pro Suite and Trade Station 4.0. I am sick of Omega
Research's lack of support and commitment to there user. I also have many
custom indicators in TS that I made and use, will these copy over to your
program?

A. TradeStation user programs are written in Easy Language. TradeLab user
programs can be written in Visual Basic, Delphi, or C/C++. However, most
users will use Visual Basic, because it is the easiest of those languages to
use and because it is the most popular programming language in the world by
a large margin.

There is another important difference. TradeStation user "programs" are not
true programs. They are only functions. They are simpler, because they are
only functions, but they have many programming limitations that do not exist
with real programs.

Because of these differences, Easy Language programs cannot be used directly
in TradeLab. They must be converted. However, that is not as big an obstacle
it might seem, for two reasons:

Easy Language is simplified Pascal. Visual Basic is a vastly improved and
expanded version of the original BASIC. Pascal and BASIC have common
ancestry. Because of that, there is considerable similarity between command
words and syntax in Easy Language and Visual Basic. The biggest difference
is that anything that can be done in Easy Language can be done in Visual
Basic, whereas, most things that can be done in Visual Basic cannot be done
in Easy Language.

Because Visual Basic is a much more capable language, it would be impossible
to convert most Visual Basic programs to Easy Language. However, conversions
in the other direction are easy, because there is nothing that can be done
in Easy Language that cannot be done in Visual Basic. What all that means is
if you want to learn Visual Basic and convert the programs yourself,
conversion will be relatively easy. Of course, what seems easy to one person
may seem difficult to another, depending on their knowledge of it.

If you don't want to learn Visual Basic and do the conversions yourself, it
should be easy to find someone to do it for you for a reasonable fee. I
haven't discussed this with any of the beta testers, but some are qualified
in both languages and probably would be willing to convert programs for
users who do not want to do it themselves.