Re: support/ resistance

>From: scheier <scheier@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: Bill Wynne <tradewynne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: sstyers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: support/ resistance
>Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 17:50:39 -0500
>
>Not correct.  The 1-2-3 pattern being marketed today
>by Joe Ross and Ken Roberts is a pivot count, not a
>wave count, therefore, the places these numbers appear
>on identical charts would be at different places, and have no relation to
>Elliott Wave.

I said it was "a piece" of Elliott's pattern. When JR and KR talk about the
1-2-3's they usually are talking about the first pivot after a turn.
Frequently, not always, the "2" point in their count is the "1" point on an
Elliott count; their "3" is Elliott's "2". Elliott went into details that
the JR and KR don't talk about. Whether you like chess or checkers is
another question, but if you think either JR or KR are marketing original
ideas, well....I've got a bridge in New York I'm thinking about selling ;)

Obviously, what Elliott tried to do was far more ambitious than just trading
pivot breakouts. Many have borrowed parts of his work, including the "new"
fractal theorists. I actually like Joe Ross, but he would be the first to
tell you the "Ross Hook" is nothing new, and guess who gave him the idea to
write a book(s) about it? Pmail me the trivia answer if you know :))))

BW