Off Topic - Need Help on NT Re-installation

I've replaced my C: drive (my boot and NT drive).  I've copied all files
from the original C: to the new C: and I'm able to boot OK using a 3.5-inch
floppy NT boot disk prepared before the conversion.  I'm not able yet,
however, to boot from the C: drive itself because of the special info
written by the installation process on invisible tracks which, of course,
does not yet appear on the new drive.

I attempted to reinstall NT 4.0 from my CD, but it's an "update" version and
it complains that it cannot find an existing NT installation to update.  It
asks me to put an NT v3.5 disk into the CD drive for verification.  The
problem is that my 3.5 installation medium is not a CD - it's entirely on
3.5-inch floppies!

So, after grumbling and calling Microsoft a few choice names, I proceeded to
attempt to reinstall v3.51 only to run into the same problem - it wants to
see an existing installation!

I'm not about to purchase another full-price NT package - any suggestions on
how to get by this roadblock?

Regards,
Carroll Slemaker