Re: Re[2]: What do you think?

Mark,

I purchased the TW too - mostly because trusting your
claim that it will keep improving.

Then got so pissed that finally gunning to polish and
release our in-house tools to the public :)

In the software business, it is not a matter of
create, sell and walk away. It is a long term
relationship issue that makes a product shine and
working the way the customers like.

The OSDN has tons of trading apps projects in
development. None of them are completed. None of
them are ready for the real world. In a communism
environment (software source code for free!) people
tend to do the next best thing - strike for power
and control, instead of money. Thus the reason
of so many trading platform projects.

I do sympathize what may have happened to you.
But as a customer of TW I have to say I was very
upset too. But this time round I will not put my
effort into a product created by someone else who
do not trade day-in day-out with the product.

Omega may not be the best company around. But
they did fill the need at a point in time in the past.

Anyhow, hope your open source project will
eventually result in something.

All the best.

--- Mark Brown <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello  stuart,
>
> sam> Mark,
>
> sam> How would you handle those who purchased
> TraderWare, and were left holding
> sam> an empty bag?
>
> well i can tell you that i having received
> absolutely no money from
> that deal can suggest you do what i did - get a
> lawyer - i posted all
> the contact information on the traderware list for
> those who wished to
> take action. if you did not receive that information
> then let me know.
>
> i have certainly felt that two of the three
> principles of tw did not
> uphold their fiduciary responsibility to the company
> and the clients.
> as one of the three, i was outvoted. i did what i
> could, i got nothing
> out of tw except a whole lot of knowledge about the
> software business.
> for however i failed you personally - i apologize!
> my intentions were
> to build the best program in the world and i still
> belive that we were
> on our way to doing that. not only did my software
> business collapse,
> but my personal trading took a hit and the cta i was
> trading for went
> out  of  business  also.   i  certainly  did  not
> benefit from the tw
> project,  but  you have the name and numbers of
> those who did.  or you
> can call me and bitch all you want 972-494-0895..
>
> i am asking that those who have not given up on the
> idea of having a
> better trading platform get behind and support this
> project however
> you are able, since the source code is fully
> disclosed and you can own
> it  fully  without  depending  on  anyone else
> staying in business.  i
> belive it is a worth while project, and it is the
> model that will most
> likely survive in the ever changing software
> business.
>
> with  omega  and other big software companys going
> out of business and
> turning  to  selling content rather than substance,
> everyone better be
> thinking about the future tempered by the knowledge
> of the past.
>
> mark
>
> sam> Stu
>
> sam> Stuart A. Miller
> sam> Tel:  954-438-0577
> sam> Fax:  917-464-8997
> sam> EMail: spooz2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> sam>            sunsetisles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

=====
Lawrence Chan                   http://www.tickquest.com
Innovative Analytical Software for Trading Professionals