Re[2]: What do you think?

Hello  Lawrence,

LC> The answer is mostly no, not because I now have a
LC> software company ...

ok  i'll  belive  that,  btw  i  tried  your  program - but i had some
problems with the uniserv2 and it kept me from giving it a workout but
from what i saw it was interesting.

LC> Easy Language sucks. It is something that should be
LC> replaced long time ago.

yea but there is tons of code written - besides i said it could use el
not that - that was the only language it would take.

LC> If there is a new trading
LC> platform working on Linux, then I hope it is designed
LC> to work like a UNIX program which allows inter-app
LC> communication in a way better than Windows. Then
LC> anyone can write anything to tape into the core
LC> engine.

can we say COBRA?

LC> We did something like that some time ago because
LC> we need to squeeze all processing power we can thus
LC> trying Linux. Turned out the GUI (graphic user
LC> interface) of Linux is not stable and eats memory and
LC> CPU power way faster than we originally thought.

using Qt?

LC> Now the app is a Linux program without front end,
LC> and the front end is in Windows reading the
LC> data thru TCP/IP :)

obviously  you  had  it  on  an old 486?  (kinda kidding) i think many
people  abuse  linux  as a bastard child because it will run on an old
486 ect and so people often put linux on the worst computer they have.

LC> BTW, UMDS is going M3 finally - would you port your
LC> MarketProfile over for it?!

M3 let me see - i have about forgotten about that thing - IT STILL IS
NOT AVAILABLE. and kent has gotten ever so more paranoid about his
software not to mention greedy. what a model - (poem follows) charge
the hell outta the developers and then give the product away, cripple
all features which would make it a hit along the way.