Re: Cheap Real Time Data

As a $80/mo QCharts/QFeed subscriber, I would've
switched, but I wasted enough time checking out
Quicken's monthly real time data service to conclude
that it is actually a much WORSE deal, IMHO. Only its
$55/mo data feed is enabled for Level II and options,
so we're talking $25/mo less than QCharts.

BUT Quicken's intraday charts are limited to 2 days
with 1- or 2.5-min. bars and to 5 days with 5- and
15-min. bars. Historical charts go back only 2 years.
Also, free telephone support is limited to 15 calls
per YEAR. Not to mention that I'd expect Quicken to
have a small server farm (risky) as long as their
subscriber base is new and small.

To me, this shows no downward price trend at all in
terms of what you're actually getting, just that
vendors are now dishing out raw R/T OHLCV data without
requiring you to get the rest of a usuable package.

Ken Berian

--- William Wood <wrwood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Take note of Quicken's monthly real time data prices
> (equities/indices/options - no futures): 19.95 for
> 50 symbols, 34.95 for 150 symbols, 54.95 for 500
> symbols. Includes basic but usable chart/quote
> software.  Not usable by Ts but I think the data can
> be feed into Excel via
> DDE.  Makes me wonder about the future of Omega
> [currently beta testing
> TsPro] who will attempt to sell data for 99 p/m incl
> the online version of
> Ts.  The Quickens of the world will get better and
> competition will keep Omega struggling I would
think.