Re: McClellan Summation Index formula?

In a message dated 11/22/00 2:26:31 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jbclem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Lee:

 Thanks for the reply.  I think I've got the McClellan Osc right, but it's
 the McClellan Summation Index that I'm having a problem with.  Any thoughts
 on that?

 John

<<This verifies; but I think the problem may be that I don't have a starting
 point or starting number for the calculation.  Can someone help me get this
 right.>>

John,

Sorry.  I jumped too soon with my first reply.  I think your initital comment
about a "starting point" is right on.  As I understand it, the summation
index absolute value depends on just when you started the summation process.
If you are comparing it to somebody else's summatin index, the only way I
think you'll get yours and theirs to match is to add a "constant" to yours to
match the other "summation index" number at some specific date.  After that
they should match,   given the same data used for the calculation.  I have
found that different sources for the adv/decl data quote different values.  I
haven't been able to sort out "why" they differ or even which one is
"correct".

Lee Scharpen