"Blackhole"

I have been thinking about what impact over-night trading, the "black hole",
has on the following days action. If the gap between the regular trading
session close and subsequent open is "x", What impact does it have on the
rest of the day's trading? I'm considering both inter and intra day impacts.
The goal is to provide a real time trading strategy.  Ill be testing and
optimizing a number of different scenarios(e.g.. Cabal's opening range
breakout).

Does anyone on the list have any ideas? Maybe a colaboration... Thanks

Chad