Re: 3-Headed Dragon

Greetings Bill,

  We must have different data. I don't understand how either one is
an example of what you are saying nor do I see the analogy to today's
action other than that they all trade below and then move above the
previous day's closing range which is common to many days.
  Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.
  I can recall no previous instance of an extreme gap opening below
the range of a previous day that successfully breached and held
above the previous day's highs. I think you will find that in such an
instance, the move typically fails in one of three places.
1. Just below yesterday's lows.
2. Just after penetrating yesterday's lows.
3. Just after penetrating yesterday's closing range.

In neither case you present is the open outside the previous day's range.

1/31/2000 I don't have a gap open. However it is an outside day.
4/17/2000 I don't have a gap open. Nor is it an outside day. In fact,
it as an inside day.

dbs