Re: Bulgarian Pirate Site Scare

Hello omega list,

Thursday, August 03, 2000, 1:54:41 AM, you wrote:

lhc> Hi everyone

lhc> After reading one too many posts about this site www.bulgaria.com/people/fx25/product.htm
lhc> I went to see it myself. Here are some of my thoughts which should alleviate
lhc> a lot of fears people had about their systems getting infected.

lhc> Lee

Thought I'd share the ftp site where you can download the files only
if people aren't comfortable visiting the sites.  Since the files are
in a public domain, I'd thought it be fine to share it.  You'll either
need a ftp program or enough knowledge of your browser to to there,
but here's the address: 64.176.74.171

The ip address can be easily obtain from the website through "reverse
engineering" or just logical deduction.

And regarding the security of it all, well, I downloaded the website
through FrontPage to see and there are some things I'm definite scared
about :-)  These are just my guesses since I'm in no way a computer
expert, but when I viewed the files (which I have permanently deleted
already) there were short cuts to certain "system" files.

I'm not implying anything or suggesting anything, just my observation.
 BTW, I'm running windows 2000 professional.  Have a pleasant day all.

--
Best regards,
 Tai Nguyen                            mailto:tainguyen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx