Re: Oak Trading Platform

Scott:

The Oak Trading Platform was built by a programmer at Iowa Grain who has lots
of practical industry and trading experience.  He worked on an order desk, he
worked in the back office, he worked on the trading floor, he traded on the
exchange floor.  He is an industry guy who happens to be a real programmer.

He has built one of the best online trading systems from an FCM standpoint
that you will find, I believe.  Traders tend to focus on the front end and
the functionality.  You may or may not like how this system looks.  However,
it was built with the idea that the front end, what the customer looks at,
would be able to change in the future.  One possibility is that the new front
ends will all have pricefeeds and point and click trade capability as opposed
to the order entry screens dominating the industry today.

I have not used this system, but have had a demonstration by the programmer.
It is worth a look and there are good people running it, IMHO.

They would be my competition, so please take my praise of them with a grain
of salt.  :-)

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!

Disclosure: John J. Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading
Division of The Price  Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.  The views
expressed are solely his.

In a message dated 08/01/2000 12:32:42 PM Central Daylight Time,