Re: Prosuite 2000

I went through that hell. My solution was to massively upgrade my computer
(Win 2k, dual cpus, tons of memory, second computer for all other apps,
etc.), buy data from second parties, and use Powerquest Drive Image to image
the ProSuite drive every night to a second drive and restore when the
crashes happen.

Now crashes are infrequent and manageable, but they should have warned us of
the requirements. Perhaps no one there really used it real time, so they
actually didn't know.

> Last summer I purchased Prosuite 2000 on the Omega installment plan of
> $317/mo. After using it for 8 months I finally gave up. The program
crashed
> my computer so many times it was unusable for realtime trading. Twice a
> month the database would get corrupted and require phone calls to Omega to
> guide me through rebuilding it. Then I had to download data from
Historybank
> to fill in the data and Historybank had many holes in the data. I would
> sometimes be out of trading for a whole week trying to reconstruct
Prosuite.