Re: 30 Minute Breakout system

<x-flowed>
This is a variation on a canned TS4 system (sorry about the all caps..it
wasn't me). Just put it on a 30 minute chart. I think it's called 1st bar
breakout on the original EL.

Bill Wynne
TradeWynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

VARS: SESS1FIRSTBARHIGH(0),SESS1FIRSTBARLOW(0),
	 SESS1FIRSTBARDATE(0) ;

IF (TIME =  SESS1FIRSTBARTIME) OR (DATE[0] > DATE[1]) THEN BEGIN

SESS1FIRSTBARDATE = DATE ;
SESS1FIRSTBARHIGH = HIGH ;
SESS1FIRSTBARLOW = LOW ;   END;

IF  (SESS1FIRSTBARDATE = DATE ) AND (TIME < SESS1ENDTIME)
{AND TRADESTODAY(DATE) = 0 }        THEN BEGIN

BUY AT SESS1FIRSTBARHIGH + 1 POINT STOP;
SELL AT SESS1FIRSTBARLOW - 1 POINT STOP;  END;

>From: Jose Ramon Diaz Serrano <jrdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: 30 Minute Breakout system
>Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:48:34 +0200
>
>I am trying to code a 30 minute breakout system and I am finding some
>difficulties:
>This is what I am trying to code:
>Once the first 30 minute bar has ended, I want to take the High and the
>Low of that bar.
>Then, Buy one tick above the High of the First 30 Minute bar and Sell
>one tick below the Low of the First 30 minute bar.
>I set a stop loss one tick above the First 30 Minute Bar Low for the
>buys and one tick above the First 30 Minute Bar High for the sells.
>But I get a problem because I donīt know how to refer to that 30 Minute
>Bar High and Low, as I want the system to entry during the whole day and
>so I want to keep that High and Low for future reference.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>Thanks in advance,
>Jose
>
>--