RE: Optimising trades using Kelly trade size formula

The formula I have is simpler than the formula you describe. It does look at
winpercent, win per winning trade, loss per losing trade, but it does not
contain any time parameter like the monthly division you describe below. I
have it coded in a C++ program, and in a Perl program, but the formula I use
is so simple so it could probably easily be put into easy language.
(winpercent-((1-winpercent)*loss per losing trade/win per winning trade)

That is my problem I think, the formula I have found is to simplified, and
does not do any time considerations. Thus my idea to exchange profits for
return on account, which makes it more based on monthly data. Tried that
yesterday night, but came up with a problem that seems to make that approach
to simplified as well.

The problem is that the losses are taken in quite short time (different
kinds of stops), but the profits are taken during a longer time span
(running profits). Thus, basing the formula on return on account makes stop
loss exits look unprofitable.

Is the more complete formula available somewhere?