Re: DTN- best thing since sliced bread

I too am curious about MT's setup and his plans for the future.

FYI, I'm running a 200mmx with 64MB RAM, Win95, TS4 and BMI sat.  I have the
standard issue UART16550.  I track over 1,300 symbols, mainly stocks but
also currency and index futures.

On a typical day, I'd have about 10 workspaces opened, each with 4 charts,
weekly, daily, 60 min and 10 min.  During market hours, I'd also have
Outlook Express running, Internet Explorer to check financial sites (some of
which are pretty graphic intensive) and the odd Office app to boot.

On a slow market day, I'd even grab video clips off Usenet and view them!

Admittedly I rarely trade intraday so I never bothered to know the exact
tick counts for symbols but so far, I am not aware of major data loss.

All good things must come to an end however.  I got wind of BMI's plan to
eventually drop sat transmission and switch everyone over to Esignal.
That's when I started subscribing to this list......in the hopes of finding
an alternative for the future.

Imagine my surprise with:

1.    The TS2000 mess, and

2.    The hardware setup some list members are suggesting and/or using.

I am now more confused than before <G>.

It doesn't seem like TS2000 is something for me since I only use TS for
charting.  OTOH, my cable connection is not reliable enough to be my sole
data source for something like Dynastore.

Most of all, I realize how lucky I was with TS4.  I know I didn't do
anything special.  Yet this setup has served me well for over 5 years.

Did I just get lucky....... or what?