Searching for Trading Houses

Hello omega-list,

  I've been giving it some thought on how I would go about looking for
  Trading Houses in San Francisco, California.  I'm looking for part
  time employment and I'm sure they could always use a good file clerk
  since I'm trying to get my foot into the trading industry.

  San Francisco is considered the financial capital of the west coast
  so there has to be trading houses here of some sorts.  And since
  these organizations are most likely registered with an entity which
  monitors their activities, there has to be a database of sorts that
  is available.  I'm looking for trading institutions where they
  actually focus on trading.  I've gone through an internship at
  Merrill Lynch, which is on the retail side of the business, and I
  found out that wasn't for me.

  Could someone please direct me to possible directions for my search?
   Since I'm a college student, I can only work part time and I know I
   can get a better paying job in high tech since I'm quite familiar
   with different aspects of computers but I would really like to try
   to get my foot into the trading business.  I appreciate any help
   you can offer.

--
Best regards,
 Tai Nguyen                          mailto:xbase@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx