Re: off topic UPS

It is possible to replace the internal battery in a UPS with a larger
external battery.  It won't increase the capacity of the UPS but it will
extend it's running time.

I have a 1200 VA UPS which had a 24v battery.  I replaced it with two
external 12v marine batteries connected in series.  It will run two CPU's
and one monitor for about 7 hours before the voltage drops to the warning
level.

You need heavy wire with big connectors between the batteries and the UPS
battery connections.

Jim Sullivan