From: Andy <ronin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 8:24 PM
Subject: Off topic posts

Andy,

Well put.  I myself (not one of the titans you speak of) stopped
reading/participating in the list 6-7 months ago in part because of the
things you mention.  I'm getting more interested again as it seems the
quality of discussion is improving.

Secondly,  I fiddled with your Outlier system last night on a lark.  I had a
cattle chart open so I put the system on it.  With just a bit of
optimization it had a 100% win rate on one time frame.  I applied it another
timeframe and got 86% hits.  That was daily data spanning 2.5 years in
total.  Of course that's not enough testing to trade it but very promising.
Today I'll try it on intra day data as you have.

Thanks.

> Off topic posts:
>
> I know this is like the pot calling the kettle black. God only knows on
how
> many times I've gone off topic. And how many flame wars I've started.
>
> But do you guys realize what a wonderful resource this list could be?
There
> are several very talented and experienced people on this list. If we can
> harnest their collective knowledge, do you realize how much money we could
> make instead of wasting time on chasing philosophical issues? Peter W. Aan
> posted  a couple days ago. Michael Tepper made a few posts some days ago.
Do