Brians message to TraderGirl

Originally tagged: From: "Led Zeppa" <ledzep@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian" <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
To: "[ tradergirl ]" <tradergirl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2000 11:36 PM
Subject: BAH!

<My reply>

Message header showed routing from bnm03@xxxxxxx thanks to a little Linux
utility that exposed the message from our friendly Pro-Java guy on this
list, named Brian.  Now, I could actually care less about these comments,
but I think it should be pointed out that although I may stir up things, I
am one smart son of a gun.

Most girls do not have the technical saavy I do, and when we do come into
this male dominated realm, and genuinely show our smarts -- even if it is
not in conjunction with the perspectives of others, I don't think anyone
deserves the message below.  Is Java or Linux so important that we as
people, can talk to each other in such ways?  Sure, I have a perspective,
and no matter what Brian says, I think Java is abysmal.  But I never in a
million years thought he would take it this far.  Free software is a good
thing, no matter what he thinks.  It's good to have free useable powerful
tools that enable people to build digital worlds without having to get a
multi-thousand dollar Sun or Microsoft certificate.  Linux became an
Operating System via the Internet.  Started with one college guy in
Helsinki, he asked people on the Internet to help him.  A few years later,
it is a billion dollar industry.  Linux is Unix, if anyone wants to get
really down to it.  A variant of Unix.  Unix is the reason we have the
internet today.  The reason Brian can send @gte.net e-mails to me.

Either way, I think some people on this list will be able to tell that,
although I am one fiesty-chick, I am smart, educated, I know my stuff when
it comes to trading, and I believe myself to be articulate.  I also respect
fellow people enough to realize that perspectives on technology don't
warrant a response like I received.

It's amusing.  I am so good at computers, I could shut his e-mail down, bomb
it repeatedly, launch viruses against him, and spam him everywhere, if I was
the type of person Brian is.  Luckily I am not, and exposing him on this
list, to his peers, is good enough.

Perhaps I should leave this list.  If people here want this, please let me
know, and I will cease to leave messages, and go somewhere else if this is
how others feel.

 Signed,

 TraderGirl

<Brian's message>

> > "BAH."
> >
> > Sounds familiar.
> >
> > This is impressive.
> >
> > Now get this you fucking texas piece of shit:
> >
> > LINUX SUCKS AND IT WILL ALWAYS SUCK.  IT WILL ALWAYS FALL WAY WAY BEHIND
> > WINDOWS NO MATTER HOW MANY LAWSUITS THEY GET HIT WITH.
> >
> > ITS A SECOND RATE OPERATING SYSTEM CONCOTED BY A BUNCH OF SECOND RATE
> NERDS
> > WHO COULDN'T GET A DATE.
> >
> > YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT AS USUAL.
> >
> > YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A SECOND RATE LOOSER BECAUE YOU CAN'T PROGRAM .
YOU'RE
> > DAMN LUCKY YOU CAN TRADE.

Brian, Loser, is not spelt with two O's, by the way.

> > I HAVE GOTTEN AT LEAST 11 LETTERS OF MAIL SAYING WHAT A FAGGOT DUMB ASS
> YOU
> > ARE.
> >
> > YOU HAVE SHOWN THE WORLD WHAT A DUMB ASS YOU ARE WHO COULDN'T FUCK AND
> CHEW
> > GUM AT THE SAME TIME.
> >
> > EVERYBODY KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.
> >
> > GET DOWN ON YOUR FUCKING KNEES AND ASK FOR MY FORGIVENESS YOU DAWG
BECAUSE
> > YOU ARE TRULY SCUM ON THIS LIST.
> >
> > YOU CAN SUCK ME WHILE YOU'RE AT IT TOO.
> >
> > PEOPLE ON THIS LIST RECOGNIZE YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE: SOMEONE WHO CAN
TRADE
> > WELL, MAYBE EVEN HAS A PRODUCT OR TWO TO SELL, BUT CAN'T DEAL WITH
PEOPLE.