DBC response

Finally, to compare DBC to Microsoft is absurd. The data distribution
business
is a fixed cost business, which encourages consolidation. BMI required cash
infusions every year that it was owned by Bonneville Broadcasting and was
never profitable on its own. Neither was Lotus Signal. I can assure you from
personal knowledge that were the combined investment in DBC, Signal and BMI
subjected to the scrutiny of traditional business school investment
methodology and criteria, it would be a most unattractive investment.

JFB
NYC
Shaven Heads Trading

quarter,
or was it $250 million?  I don't believe a word these people say.  People
now,
can lose gobs of money to make it appear they are not making any money.
It's the new economy.

I had to clear up a missing $30 that DBC said I owed them on my account.  I
had the check right in front of me.  I called them, they asked that I sent
the check,
it then got lost.  14 days later, I had a notice that my bill would go to a
collection
agency if I didn't pay the $30 immediately, and call some women in their
collections
operation in San Francisco.  Get this, I am paying $300+ month, and they are
treating me like this?  I then photocopied my bankstatement that they did
cash
my check.  14 days later, I got another demand for payment.

If you don't think this is Microsoft mentality, I don't know what is.  This
in itself is
absurd.  Also it is absurd that they are calling us traders asking if we'd
like to
switch.  This is NOT switching back to AT&T from MCI.

When calling them, to resolve it, I have even had people tell me, "No, Miss,
we never said that to you last time" with three people on the phone.  For
$30.

Guess what?

It turned out they were wrong... but in doing so, the phrase I HATE DBC is
burned into my mind.  Why why?  Because waiting on hold for 30-40 minutes,
over 6 times, for $30, so I won't get bad credit, and it is their mistake,
is
piss poor on their end.  Did they give me a month free, or an apology?
Nada.

So in short, I would love to see DBC die a painful death, and an era where
the exchanges supply us data directly because we are such fat cats trading
such enormous amounts they should give us data for free.

"This is the information age, and information is meant to be free"

TraderGirl
Roguette Trader