DBC Microsoft Mentality

I received the following reply.

Robert

Mr. Cummings,
Thanks for your email. Due to bandwidth constraints, broadcast systems,
meaning both Signal and BMI broadcast system boxes do not have the
bandwidth to keep up with the active trading that's occurring in today's
markets. DBC makes no effort to conceal the situation.
For this reason, DBC recommends eSignal to all existing and prospective
customers. Internet is the only medium with a wide enough bandwidth to
transmit the data.
Sincerely,
L. D. Prunty
Technical Support Representative
http://www.dbc.com

^^ okay.

What they are doing, since I am pretty damn good at computers, is telling
you the Internet has more bandwidth than Cable.  What they are doing is
lying.
Look at Cable modems.  Look at television.  Cable.  The only thing faster is
a fiberoptic backbone, like coming in from an OC3.

Basically, DBC is like a Microsoft, bought out all its competitors, to waste
all possibility of competition.  Removed delayed BMI data, and forced its
subscriber base to go for real-time.  10-min delayed from BMI was pretty
darn good for $65/month.  If you call them they push e-signal.  Why?
Because the profit-to-expense ratio is like pure profit for them.

When they say that the Internet has wide enough bandwidth, they are lying
through their teeth.  Bonneville, or BMI was a great awesome company
until DBC came in.  Now DBC is burying the technology.  Think you can
monitor 2000 symbols and run a set of indicators looking for patterns
across the internet?  Think again.  I don't want to be downloading non-stop
with my cable modem.  That is for other purposes.  For my own internet
experience, not solely for the purposes of Tradestaion.

Additionally, look at 2000i.  Why didn't they create a module to enable
TS4 to get real-time data like they fed us for so many years.  Why?
Because none of these corporations are really traders, they don't
think like us, they try to manipulate us, and give us stuff we DO NOT
want.

90% of the indicators out there are like this.  Playing to the Holy Grail
philosophy, and most fail miserable.  Inspired by greed, they lack the
purity us traders desire in technology and innovation.  These people
are not traders, nor do they have traders spirits.  Look how BMI made
it so only one port on their three port box works.  Why not have all
three open up.  What are they there for?

What is this Radar thing Tradestation has.  I mean, come on.  All most
of us need is a copy of TS 4, and some realtime, and we can kick butt.
Some of us don't even use indicators.  I don't.  Price action itself is
the best indicator, same with setups and patterns.  Anyone agree?

So there you have it.  My commentary on the usurping of traders pockets
with useless bells and whistles and manipulation by dataproviders.  One
day information will be free (thanks to the Open Source people), and
these types of guys can disappear for all I care.

I know if Gann, or Fibonacci, or Elliot were alive, they'd look at these
tactics and think: What a bunch of jerks, Omega Research, DBC,
ASCTrend, and 90% of them out there.

Signed,

Tradergirl

ps. anyone using PatternSmasher? :)