Re: Intraday Historical Data: Summary ( Omega look here ).

> Stocks:  NYSE TAQ database: raw L1 tick stock data
> ( not clean / scrubbed ),

That's an understatement.  A friend of mine bought some TAQ data and
asked me to help him scrub it.  It was a mess.  There were plenty of
times when there were far more BAD ticks than good ones!!  Which
makes it darn hard to sort out the junk from the real data.  I
finally ended up writing a Perl script to scan through the "Trade"
database and the "Bid/Ask" database, and only accept trades that were
within a certain amount of the bid/ask range.  What a pain.

It's hard to believe they can get away with selling crap data like
that.  And that they couldn't be bothered to scrub it themselves.

Gary