RE: Re[2]:BMI RealTime $59/mth vs TradeStation.com for $???

I have 98,898 QCOM ticks on 1/28/99 from 9:30:00 to 16:00:00 from DTN sat.
I use a PII450, 256mb, TE920 serial card at 460.8kbps, TS100 SP4b, NT4 SP6.
I have zero buffer overruns between DTN box and serial port and maybe 300
overruns per day between serial port and GS.  The overruns between the
serial port and GS are logged in the file Omega\server\dtn\log.txt which I
monitor and delete weekly since it keeps getting bigger if you let it.  I
figure one overrun is at most one quote so loosing 300 ticks per day out of
millions is irrelevant given that I am collecting every tick on 19k stock
and index symbols.

I think the tick counts are at least informative so you know what other
traders are getting.  I am interested in trade volume so loosing ticks is
disasterous to me because every tick lost means lost trade vol.  I have used
Signal FM and sat, BMI cable and sat, SP Comstock sat and now DTN sat which
gives me the best data and the highest tick counts.  My only gripe about DTN
is that you do not get Adv/Dec vol or issues or Tot vol on the exchanges in
separate symbols that can be charted or used in formulas.

Sentinel's numbers confirm that we are getting consistent results from DTN
so I am happy.

As an aside, the number of symbols I collect has no effect on my tick
counts.  I restricted my portfolio to a small number as a test and got the
same
tick counts.  I immediately went back to collecting every symbol.  Makes it
real easy when you want to look at a new stock to have plenty of ticks
stored plus I have absolutely no symbol maintainace to worry about.

Bill Wood