Re: THREE minute Rule

In a message dated 1/27/00 1:25:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ronin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> on the first back tic after my stop was
>  touched off. This back tic occurred only 52 seconds after my stop was hit
>  and occurred in very fast market conditions. No mention was ever made of
any
>  "three minute rule"

Some common sense applies here. If a "back tic" occurred 52 seconds after a
stop was hit you should certainly expect a fill. If the "back tic" occurred 2
seconds (for example) after the stop was hit, but you are filled 3 seconds
later, it is hard to make a case that the broker "didn't do his job." Just my
opinion, not the law.

Request official time and sales if you have a question like this. If your
broker objects to that request, get a new broker.

Bill Wynne
http://smarttrades.com/