RE: SCREWED by CRUZ?

I think I read the solution in a mail earlier.

The answer is simple and lies in the fact that BMI read and understood that
year 2000 is to be called year 100 by all Omega traders from now on. This is
a convention introduced by Omega and well documented as _THE_ way to write
year 2000 in all Omega applications.

Unfortunately, Omega expect all others but their customers to write year
2000 as year 2000, or maybe 00. They were not at all prepared for BMI to
have understood and followed the convention, sending data as year 100.

To me it sounds confusing enough to be causing real misunderstandings. Now,
if Microsoft who is strong enough to set new standards could convince
everybody that the usage of year 200 as the uniform way of calling year 2000
should be introduced, all these problems would soon enough go away, and
would at the same time easily distinguish trading customers from computer
users from non computer users, just by the way they write the current year.

Of course, there could also be the other solution, that Omega decides that
2000 is a better way to write 2000 than by writing 100. Somebody should make
a translation table of this: year 2000 is written as ??? depending if it is
to be written in easy language, in an ascii file to Omega, in an ascii file
to metastock, in a program response to a question asked by windows, in a
program response asked by ...

Have I misunderstood?