Re[2]: Traderware didn't exactly work for me...

At 10:59 AM 12/24/99 -0600, Mark Brown wrote:

>NEXT STEP = ANNIHILATION OF ALL COMPETITION.
>
>Best regards,
>  Mark Brown

Dear Mark,

I would be a grave mistake to eliminate "all competition". Competition is
vital for your business. There are several reasons:

1. If your company would not have completion it will eventually go the way
of Omega Research (may be not under your management but one of yours
descendent). As pray dies without predictors (from the diseases) the
business dies without completion.

2. Completion produce, attracts and educate your customers. The cost of
obtaining and educating the customers is such enormous that individual
company can not afford to do it alone. Look how difficult to introduce a
new (fundamentally new) product to the market. It takes years and zillions
of dollars. So if you have a completion they will share your marketing
expenses and all you have to do to get a customer from the completion is to
have a better product.

3. Completion is an excellent source for the innovative ideas. Look at the
Bill Gates: in his fledging DOS he include the Lotus spreadsheet (integral
part of DOS he would argue), data base, word processor, web browser (all
integral parts of DOS). Unfortunately, our generation in power, allowed him
and his company to become the richest in the world without delivering the
product that works (his spreadsheet does not work properly with his
operating system on my Gray like computer, and tech support is saying that
it is known problems and will be fixed in the next generation of software.
Sound familiar?.

Pet your dog from me,

Best wishing Alex.