Re: TeleCharts2000 and TradeStation

>From: ribau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>...just received from Worden Bros Tech Support:
>
>>>Thank you for writing.  Exporting to TC2000 ver3 will not be Y2K compliant.
>>>If you would like to export to another program you can export to text
>>>instead.  Below is a letter from Chris Worden to version 3 customers:
>
>>>Dear Customer:
>
>>>This is a bittersweet letter for me to have to write to you... a loyal,
>>>long-time customer. Unfortunately, TC2000 version 3.0 and version 3.5 will
>>>be discontinued after January 1, 2000. We did our best to recompile for Y2K
>>>compatibility, but support for Y2K DOS libraries just isn't there. We can
>>>correct components of the program we have built, but we cannot correct those
>>>developed by third parties.
>
>>>--------
>
>more stuff deleted

This ASCII export does work fine with SC4 build 8 or 9, I forget which,  but
anyway the latest y2k compliant version.  The only minor aggravation is the
TC2000 ASCII export utility is a "fit-all" utility,  meaning you have to
basically totally set up all the fields, the amount of data, and
ascending/descending order every time you use it. Maybe 10 or more clicks,
and if you make a mistake of course SC probably won't read it and you have
to do it again,  more carefully this time  :-).  I haven't seen any way to
set your own default for this,  but I haven't discuissed it with Worden yet
either.

David