Re: windows NT 2000

From: Dr. Hermansen <lahermansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: evrard_eng <evrard_eng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <rtobiass@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 1999 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: windows NT 2000

> I would be more excited for TS2Ki Release #4 than I would the Win2k.

I totally agree with that statement for those already running NT 4.   For
example ZDLabs reported that "in tests running the most popular business
applications"  Win2K "is comparable to the performance of Windows NT 4.0 on
configurations with 64 MB and 128 MB of memory."     So the question is for
NT users, why bother pay $190 per machine upgrade to a legal monopoly for a
new product that may not deliver much better performance than NT does?