FW: windows 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: attila_antal@xxxxxxx [mailto:attila_antal@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 1999 11:53 AM
To: rtobiass@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: windows 2000

Rich, none of my systems (run 7 on 100mb Ethernet) have DVD, but my CDROM
run just fine. For email I use Outlook 2000 and browsing with IE 5.0 without
any problems. Three of my systems are dual processor of different vintage,
the oldest being Ppro-200. TS2K runs with over 100,000 tickers in GS and the
processors are utilized in the 15 to 20% range (256m ram, SCSI2 Ultra
drives). I too tend to use a separate box for TS for good measure and it
seem to work. No crashes in recent memory. I think Microsoft got surprised
by how stable windows/server 2000 is so I heard they are ready for release.
Why not?

Far as your wiring, to save amps you could got to flat panel display, they
draw a lot less current then the CRTs.

Attila