Re: Pro Suire 2000i

Here's my 2 cents--many on the Omega list will vehemently disagree--
I bought TS 4 in 1998 and then upgraded to ProSuite in March, 1999.  I only
upgraded because my cable company discontinued BMI quotes so I was forced to go
to an internet based feed and TS4 can't do that (see exception below).  I used
PS until a few months ago when I switched to Advanced GET.  I am more of a
discretionary trader.

PS was/is a pain in the ass.  I didn't have as many problems as some apparently
did based on Omega List bitching. But I have come to believe that Omega is a
sleezy company geared to mass market rather than a quality product/services.

I mothballed PS and now use TS4 on one computer and Advanced GET on another.
TS4 is quite robust and frankly does almost everything PS does.  PS was not a
great upgrade as advertised.  It is a memory hog--it will take every memory
upgrade you buy.

Doing system design and testing is a very good thing to do, even if you don't
trade mechanically.  It is great discipline and you learn that very little works
better than anything else and most of the fancy indicators etc. are just rehash
of stuff invented 25-30 years ago.

My adivce: try to buy a used copy of TS4 (be advised you may not be eleigible
for tech support unless the seller will collude with you).  Use one of the
cable, satellite feeds if you want real time data.  Or--(the internet
exception)--TS4 can now be use with Quote.com's QFeed real-time service ( I use
it; its great)  if you use a product called Dynastore ($250).   It massages the
interenet feed so TS4 will accept it.  That way you get the experience of
backtesting without the wasted money of Prosuite.  By the way, don't get the
Suite--Option Station is not very good.  Save that money for one of the other
option programs if you do that sort of thing.