Re: REAL TRADERS List

Looks like they're back online.   My records show the last duplicate arriving
about 1/2 hour before this message came through.

--- Forwarded mail from ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: "Ed Kasanjian" <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <RealTraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RT] ADMIN: RT List is up again
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:03:08 -0800

We believe the duplicate message problem has been taken care of and
therefore we have made this list active again.  Once we turned the list off
on our server on Friday we knew that the problem had to be with the server
doing the mail repeating since everyone continued to receive duplicate
messages.

For those interested in the details....Our list server is located in our
office.  It sends one message along with a list of email recipients to a
mail server located at another company.  That server takes the original
message and sends a separate email to everyone on the list.  A couple of
weeks ago they upgraded the server hardware and software and that's when our
multiple email problem started. Their old server is still available so we
switched back to it for now until they resolve this problem.

--- End of forwarded mail from ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx