Re: The "Rules" of Trading (sic)

On Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:50:04 -0800, "Dirk   " <renard123@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Sorry, the rules are all a joke by a wry U.K. trader (though I'm not sure if I agree with the obverse of all of them). Joke was indicated by "(sic)". Dirk

Dirk,

I am grateful for your satirical contribution, and I understood that
it was just that.

A long long time ago when I went through journalism school we were
informed that "sic" was an abbreviation for "Sent In Copy".  We used
it when circumstances needed us to inform the reader that we didn't
originate the grammar or spelling, but what we printed was an accurate
representation of what we were sent in the original.  It was not meant
to imply any editorial judgement.  It is my hope the term sic has not
become an editorial comment, but I suppose such terms can take on new
meaning over time.

Sorry that this post has so little to do with trading.

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977