Something good about TS-5!! (No, really..)

  • To: "List, Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Something good about TS-5!! (No, really..)
  • From: "Brian Massey" <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:57:07 -0800

You know, a moment like this doesn't come along too often.  This is one of
those moments when you find something so hard to believe that you quickly
hardcopy it for posterity.  This is how it was for me.  If I could I would
send an attachment to the list showing the each and every one of you
firsthand my results because I know lots of you will be skeptical.  But
you'll just have to take my word for it having seen my recent posts
regarding the beta state of !!!service pack 3 -- 9 months later!!! and
knowing how I feel about it.

Anyway, I have this system that uses a 3rd party dll.  The system trades a
stock and it does OK both long and short in TS5.  Because I don't use TS5
yet to trade RT, I had to port it over to TS4 to run it.  I was, to put in
mildly, extremely skeptical that I would be able to get the same results in
TS4.   Did I mention I was extremely skeptical?  This hadn't worked in SP1a
or b or whatever that intermediary build was and SP2 or 3  hasn't exactly
won me over.  So I was extremely skeptical that I could do this but i said
wtf.  I xfered over the 3rd party dll and the system, loaded it in TS4
charting and got different results.  I thought "figures, par for the course"
but then I realized that my charting dates were different so I loaded in the
same amount of data from the exact same file and...it was unbelievable.  I
had to blink repeatedly to make sure I wasn't misreading the numbers.  TS4
and TS5 gave IDENTICAL results on both the long and short sides!!!  All the
numbers were the same with the exception of TS4 which rounded 0.5's up to
the next whole number (63.5->64).  Hallaleuah!!  It's unbelievable.  Looks
like it's getting closer to the point where I might actually be able to use
this mastodon we call TS-5.

Please if any of you out there are thinking I made a mistake and got lucky,
don't bother writing.  I want to believe that I actually someday soon may be
able to to use TS-5 for RT trading, even if I have to stick my head in the
sand to do it.