load wc problem

Hi Keith:

This is a belated answer to your message about loadwc.exe.  I hope you
don't already know all of this.
I  began getting the same loadwc.exe message after trying to uninstall and
reinstall Internet Explorer 4.0 and 5.0.  Here are some answers I received
about it:

"that's a file placed in the Windows/System folder by IE 4 when it installs
without the Windows Desktop Update.  It's know as Load WebCheck and is
responsible for customizing some of the settings in Internet Explorer."

 For more than you want to know, see this Microsoft Knowledge Base Article:
    "Description of the Loadwc.exe File in Internet Explorer"
     http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q176/9/60.asp

I think the Knowledge Base article tells you where to go in the Registry to
stop this message.  I remember doing that and deleted the loadwc entrie(s).
 It was a good introduction to the working with the Registry.

Hope you can still use this information.  John