Y2K and Hardware

Found this post on another list. Might help some...I did for me (computer challenged).

"Some might find this helpful....

On 01-01-2000 many computers will fail because the computer clock has a
default setting of 6 digits and needs to be reset to 8 digits. Check your
computer:
1. Double click on "My Computer".
2. Double click on "Control Panel".
3. Double click on "Regional Settings".
4. Click on "Date" tab at top of page.
5. Check in the "Short Date Sample" box if it has a 2 or 4 digit year.
6. If it has a 2 digit year, go to the "Short Date Style" box, click at the
start of "yy" and type in another "yy", so that it reads "yyyy/MM/dd" (8
digits).
7. Click on "Apply"; and "1999" should appear in the "Short Date Sample"
> box.
8. Click on "OK"."