Re: weeding out old stocks?

On Sunday, December 05, 1999 3:33 PM  Monte C. Smith wrote:

<snip snip>
>This triggers an alert on all symbols over the weekend though, and since
>there is no easy way to turn off studies etc. in a lot of workspaces
>without opening every d!@#$% workspace, you'd have to just live with it.
<snip snip>

Earlier this year I wrote a standalone "stale symbol remover" for TS4/SC4
computers and I currently am writing a tick file management program.  When I
complete the tick file program I will update the "stale symbol remover" and
make it available.

The "stale symbol remover" removes all symbols from the portfolio for which
there is no daily data and then looks at the last update date on the daily
files and deletes all prior to a user specified date.  I want to integrate
this program with my current tick file management program.  Does this sound
interesting?

Bob Scott