Re: stock question

> I've noticed a bunch of stock trades  (nasdaq) always coming in starting
an
> hour or two BEFORE the market opens. Meanwhile I SIT with a standing order
> that won't get executed UNTIL the market opens.
>
> Questions: Who is doing these trades before the real market opens? Why do
us
> mere mortals have to WAIT? Something stinks around here.

I believe these trades are done on Selectnet, Instinet, various ECNs,etc.
You should hook up with some daytrading outfit or a derivative of it and
trade through them in order to access these markets (like Datek). But it's
been a while since I've traded equities ('96) and a lot have changed since
then - Datek went from a "scum" daytrading/SOES bandits outfit (from a
Market Maker's point of view) to a retail online brokerage firm. Can you
believe that? :-)