Fw: Tradestation2ki gets good review

From: Max <max@xxxxxxx>
Newsgroups: misc.invest.futures
Sent: Sunday, October 17, 1999 10:22 PM
Subject: Tradestation2ki gets good review

> http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/990922/fl_omega_r_2.html
>
> Apparently, Tradestation 2000i has gotten rave reviews from FOW magazine
(and it's stock was up 16% on Friday). Ironically, the author states that
the build quality is "solid" and "far more stable" than when its
predecessors were released.

> I'm not a Tradestation 2ki user myself-- I've been holding out on
upgrading my currently non-Y2K compliant software as long as possible,
procrastinating and hoping a "good" stable software would come along. With
all the negative remarks regarding Tradestation2ki on this forum, I've been
disinclined to give this allegedly buggly software a try. But perhaps it's
not as buggy as some have claimed??

> On another note, Omega will apparently be increasing the cost of upgrade
to Tradestation 2ki. They say that the initial lower price was for just a
limited time, and meant to encourage early adopters. Moreoever, with the
upcoming release of the service pack#3 later this month, they say that it's
about time they increased the upgrade pricing.

> Hmm.. sounds like they're charging more because they're software will be
"less buggy". I hate it when companies have that mentality-- release buggy
software and then think that they can start charging more after they've
fixed some of their bugs.

> This "Omega Research" is full of contradictions. I wish there was a viable
alternative to this customer-unfriendly company.

> It's closest competitor seems to be Equis Metastock-- but their customer
service is horrible too. I've tried this software. Anyone notice that there
isn't even a "quote" window?? Only thing you can do on it is "chart". I
couldn't believe it!