OM a troll?

It might be wise to consider OM a 'troll'. The internet is (in)famous for
them. They post messages with the intent of disrupting a group, and the
replies flood the group for an extended time. It would seem that this is
what is happening here.

Trolls typically do NOT respond to reasonable answers; they only reply to
cause more inflammatory interchanges. OM has avoided replying to any
reasonable statements so far.

Trolls make outrageous statements, usually without proof. When asked for
proof, they change the subject, don't reply, or make another outrageous
statement. I will leave you to decide if OM has made any such statements.

Trolls appear to communicate quite poorly. They ask people to believe
them, understand them, without a reasonable discourse on what they are
trying to say. Sometimes, the person can't communicate, but in other
cases, it is deliberate confusion introduced to muddle the group. OM does
seem to ask us if we understand what he is trying to say, but does not
elaborate.

Trolls enjoy the upset, and will continue as long as there are people
responding to him/her.

One of the best ways to deal with trolls is to ignore them. I have seen
this work quite well. A troll might post a dozen 'trolls' and get either
no or few quickly-stopped responses. In newsgroups, the troll will often
just go to another group and look for someone to 'bite' on the troll.

OM wears two hats - one as a very knowledgable trader and EL person, and
the other, as we have seen recently, a troll. We must *accept* that he is
a 'true believer' in Omega. 'True believers' are unlikely to respond to
rational arguements that challenge their belief. This may also be
augmented by other possible relationships with Omega (as with PO, for
example). If OM is who has been suggested in the past, this would be the
case.

Perhaps if we do NOT respond to his 'trolls', OM will return to a more
helpful mode and the list will have a greater signal to noise ratio.

I look forward to seeing good discussions with him about trading-related
stuff...

Any thoughts?

Larry