Re: Evolution of a Mad Man (Omega Man)

LOL,,,,, I knew it.

Robert

At , tradejacker@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>actually, clinton has done some good over the last several years, but
maybe not in the way you'd think. clinton's sexploits and impeachment kept
congress distracted from enacting more punitive tax legislation and
curtailment of liberties, a minor victory of sorts for tax-paying and
freedom loving citizens. it could have been much much worse.

>the roaring bull market started in 1982 by reagan's policies (some of
which destroyed oil producing states) and his overwhelming public
popularity over a reluctant dem congress. so, pretty much market inertia
and paradigm shift has kept the ball rolling ever since. thus weird combo
of a strong liberal dem prez moving to the right coupled  with an overall
populist rep congress has produced an unheard of economic stability in
modern history. clinton is smart enough to know when NOT to rock the boat
(like dumping hillbillary health care, where doctors could be imprisoned
for treating their patients)

>so, i think paradigm shifts plus inertia can be more important than prez's
and congresses. shit happens when social or economic interia reaches
critical mass and dictates policy. the best is yet to come....