Re: displaced moving average

> Thank you for your interest and help.  The displaced moving average is into
> the future.  I have to expand my chart ahead to the right to have this
> work.
> The indicator looks good if there were just some way to take the numerical
> value that is plotted and pass that through to a signal it would be fine.
>
> Joe

Joe, you still haven't made it clear WHAT value you want to use in a
signal but it's easy if you think about what a displaced average is
REALLY doing. Of course, if you do that, you may question the wisdom of
the whole idea. :-)

Let's say you are displacing 5 bars into the future. What that really
means is you are plotting, on the current bar, the average from 5 bars
ago.

So, to use the value on the CURRENT bar, it's average(price,len)[5].

The value 5 bars in the future is average(price,len)[0] or just
average(price,len).

As to why anyone would want to add more lag to an indicator that already
has too much lag, it beats the hell out of me. :-)

--
   Dennis